Thursday 9 February 2012

tools to learn

Part of my philosophy of education is to integrate technology in a way that it's not a "special section" but something that's included in almost every aspect of my classroom. Because of that, I'm using Bitstrips to create my philosophy of education. I have now completed it (take a look here), but through this process it has just confirmed my love of that learning tool and how that object can be used in a great variety of ways. 

Every Teacher in Ontario has access to, and an account with, Bit Strips - a tool where you can create your own comics based on your learning goals and lessons, and where students can join the online community/class to create their own for consolidating their learning as well.

A screencap of my classroom from my previous block - I have a pirate hat because I'm Miss R!

BitStrips is a fabulous tool to introduce to your class - it helps visual learners, ELL learners, and is a great way to 'summarize' learned concepts and Big Ideas through the creation of comic strips. For more information, take a look at this slideshow created by Zoe's tech class (collaboration for the win!) and take a look at more learning tools you can incorporate into your classroom!

1 comments:

Zoe said...

I can't agree with you more about 'technology' being "part of" rather then as an add on. You demonstrated this in this course by including the resources, tools and ideas in your other course work, and particularly your philosophy. You are sharing, learning and reflecting so openly. A great model for your students. Well done.

Post a Comment

 
;